The Duke of Sussex left his home in the United Kingdom for a new lifestyle in Los Angeles.
It comes after the monarch Her Majesty the Queen, who is now aged 95, spent a night in hospital last week – and also pulled out of COP26.
The royal withdrew from a planned trip to Northern Ireland on the advice of medical professionals.
A source told US Weekly: “He felt helpless being 5,000 miles away in Montecito, and has been checking in non-stop with her.”
He is “checking in” with the Royal Family “non stop”, it is further claimed.
A palace spokesman said: “Following advice to rest, the Queen has been undertaking light duties at Windsor Castle.
“Her Majesty has regretfully decided that she will no longer travel to Glasgow to attend the evening reception of Cop26 on Monday, 1st November.
“Her Majesty is disappointed not to attend the reception but will deliver an address to the assembled delegates via a recorded video message.”
Don’t miss the latest news from around Scotland and beyond – Sign up to our daily newsletter here.