Mum felt ‘physically sick’ after finding live caterpillar in Sainsbury’s sandwich

A horrified mum claims she felt “physically sick” after finding a revolting extra ingredient in her sandwich.

Faye Wood was left shocked after chomping down on the snack from Sainsbury’s – only to realise there was a live caterpillar crawling in it.

The 27-year-old made the stomach-churning discovery after she had popped into the supermarket to pick up a quick bite, following her shift as a healthcare assistant at the Queen’s Medical Centre in Nottingham.

She grabbed the Ploughman’s sandwich from the reduced section at roughly 7pm before heading off, according to Nottinghamshire Live.

Shortly after arriving home, Ms Wood ate half of the sandwich, putting the rest in the fridge to have later.

It was not until 30 minutes later when she reached to the remaining half in the packaging that she noticed the “shocking” discovery.

Ms Wood added: “My two-year-old wanted to taste it so I grabbed it from the fridge and when I saw it I started heaving – I was physically sick.

“I never had a problem before so it was a shock for sure.”

The angry customer has vowed to “never buy sandwiches from supermarkets ever again” following the incident.

Faye Wood said she found a live caterpillar in her sandwich from Sainsbury's Local.
Faye Wood said she found a live caterpillar in her sandwich from Sainsbury’s Local.

She added: “When you have been at work all day and you get back at 7 you do not really want to cook, you just want a snack or something.

“I have never had a problem with sandwiches – I do get them quite a lot.

“But this is unacceptable.

“I will never buy sandwiches from supermarkets ever again because it has really put me off and I will just be thinking about that all the time.”

Ms Wood submitted a complaint to Sainsbury’s on November 22 with a video of the caterpillar crawling on the sandwich packaging.

She added: “I am not bothered about the money really because it was only 54p.

“It is more about making people aware that this is happening and it cannot happen again.

“We just want them to make sure that everything is checked and washed properly.

“However I do expect some kind of compensation as well.”

A Sainsbury’s spokesperson said: “Cases like this are extremely rare because we have processes in place to prevent them from happening.

“We are contacting Faye to apologise for her experience and we are investigating with our supplier.”

Don’t miss the latest news from around Scotland and beyond – Sign up to our daily newsletter here.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.