The popular show has been cancelled for two nights in a row due to extreme weather conditions caused by Storm Arwen
I’m A Celebrity is cancelled for a second night running as a result of extreme weather conditions.
The show, which has never been cancelled before this weekend in the 19 years it has been running, has been pulled off air as a “precautionary” measure over Storm Arwen.
But with the weather worsening in North Wales, there was not a new episode last night nor will there be one this evening.
Dec said: “This is the best we can do because we can’t get into site, into camp.”
The two had some fun with the unexpected broadcast, with Ant jokingly waving around some paperwork, saying: “These aren’t even scripts, just bits of paper we found lying around. We just like doing it.
“There is a show on ITV tonight which is a show of a best bits hosted by us. It is good, but no live show by us.”
The show will be replaced again tonight with clips from across the years.
The storm has meant that the two hosts can’t safely get into the production set, although it’s reported that the celebrity contestants are safe inside Gwrych Castle.
In a statement yesterday, an ITV spokesperson said: “Tonight’s I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! will be broadcast as a pre-recorded show rather than live due to the developing Storm Arwen and precautionary measures we’re putting into place on production.
“Ant & Dec will record their links early evening and these will be played out during tonight’s show. Our celebrities will remain inside the castle which is secure and we have contingencies in place to cover all weather scenarios to ensure the safety of our cast and crew.”
The popular show averages 11.5 million viewers, it was forced to relocate from sunny Australia to Wales last year due to Covid restrictions and now has had to cancel just a week into the series due to weather concerns.
TV insiders are concerned that the lucrative series could end up completely scrapped which would cost ITV millions of pounds.
They told the Sunday People : “This has caused absolute panic. It is unprecedented.”
Our insider said: “It is one of ITV’s top earning shows.
“Having it disappear from the schedules – even just for 48 hours – a week into the series is a disaster.
“They are going to be losing revenue as people aren’t going to sit watching clips of old shows.
“Being off air they’ve lost the momentum and viewers’ loyalty.”