News

Woman taken to hospital as firefighters spend hours tackling blaze in Gorton

A woman was taken to hospital after a fire broke out at a house in Gorton.

Firefighters spent about two-and-a-half hours putting out the blaze, in the first floor bedroom of a property on Pinnington Road this afternoon.

The cause of the fire has not been disclosed.

READ MORE : Police called to reports of gunman at hospital

Three fire engines attended the scene just after 4pm.

A Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) spokesperson said: “At 4.13pm on Sunday 2 January 2022, two fire engines from Gorton fire station and one from Philips Park fire station attended a building fire on Pinnington Road, Manchester.



Get the latest updates from across Greater Manchester direct to your inbox with the free MEN newsletter

You can sign up very simply by following the instructions here

“The fire involved a first floor bedroom of a domestic property.

“Firefighters used four breathing apparatus, two hose reels and a gas detector to extinguish the fire.

“One casualty was conveyed to hospital by North West Ambulance Service. Crews were in attendance for approximately two and a half hours.”



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

close