News

Prince Andrew’s ex-maid says she doesn’t regret condemnation of ‘horrible, nasty’ Duke

Ex-Buckingham Palace maid Charlotte Briggs, 47, said she has no regrets about speaking out against Prince Andrew, who she claimed often acted like a “spoiled brat”

Prince Andrew
Prince Andrew’s former maid said she has no regrets in speaking out against him

A former Buckingham Palace maid says she has no regrets about speaking out against Prince Andrew and described him as a “horrible man”.

Charlotte Briggs claimed the Duke of York often erupted into “demanding and entitled” foul-mouthed rants which left her in tears.

The 47-year-old, who lives in Halifax, West Yorkshire, made front-page news this week when she revealed her experiences doing the job “nobody wanted” six months after starting work for the royals in January 1996.

She described the Queen’s second son as a “spoiled brat” who once allegedly – after noticing she’d left a gap in the curtains – fumed: “Can’t you f***ing do anything right?”

Charlotte says since then she has been ridiculed in her hometown and accused of selling out.

Do you enjoy reading about the royal family? Sign up for all the best royal news from the Mirror here







Charlotte Briggs said Andrew was like a “spoiled brat”
(

Image:

Getty Images)

But believes she is “entitled to speak about what happened to me even though it was years ago”.

Charlotte has also been keen to point out while she considered Prince Andrew’s attitude poor, she never witnessed any inappropriate behaviour.

The Duke is facing a civil trial after being accused of sexual abuse by a trafficking victim of his late paedophile pal billionaire financier Jeffrey Epstein.

Virginia Giuffre is suing Andrew for allegedly having sex with her in the US when she was 17.







The Queen has stripped Andrew of his military titles
(

Image:

Getty Images)

He vehemently denies her allegations and has not been charged with any criminal offence.

Speaking to the Daily Mail outside her home on Friday, Charlotte said: “I don’t give a toss what Prince Andrew feels…he is a horrible, nasty man.”

She explained she had signed a privacy agreement under the Official Secrets Act not to divulge any accounts of her time at the Palace.







Prince Andrew is facing a civil case in New York against his sex accuser Virginia Giuffre
(

Image:

Court Handout)

But on seeing ITV’s documentary this week – which included claims by another ex-staff member that Andrew had a map for exactly where his cuddly toys needed to be on the bed – she decided to breach it.

The mum-of-two said: “I am not sorry at all. But I have been hurt by some of the remarks against me.”

In her original interview, she said Andrew’s brothers Prince Charles and Prince Edward, as well as all other royals she encountered, were “wonderful”.

She was just 21 when she started work at the Palace and started working for Andrew when he was 36 – at a time when he had recently divorced from Sarah Ferguson.

Charlotte was paid £600 a month and was pictured on the royal balcony ahead of the Trooping the Colour ceremony the same year.

It comes as the Queen stripped the Duke of his royal titles and patronages ahead of his trial in New York and he is facing eviction from the Royal Lodge in Windsor.

Buckingham Palace declined to comment on Charlotte Briggs’ accusations when approached by the Mirror.

Read More

Read More



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

close