We within the bunker are all the time blissful to assist Morrison along with his statutory declarations. So here is an inventory of his numerous denials over time, prepared for his signature.
I, Scott John Morrison, of 5 Adelaide Ave, Deakin ACT 2600, make the next statutory declaration beneath the Oaths and Affirmations Act 2018:
- During the preselection battle that I initially misplaced to Michael Towke by 82 votes to eight, I by no means as soon as hinted to anybody that he could also be a “Moslem”, nor a “Mohammedan” nor every other colonial administrator time period for an adherent of Islam.
- Look, whereas I’m right here, I additionally didn’t, whereas opposition immigration spokesman, urge “the shadow cabinet to capitalise on the electorate’s growing concerns about ‘Muslim immigration’, ‘Muslims in Australia’ and the ‘inability’ of Muslim migrants to integrate”. I imply, I did carry these issues up, BUT as a result of I feel they’re unhealthy and we shouldn’t exploit them.
- I by no means as soon as known as Labor Senator Sam Dastyari “Shanghai Sam” in tweets and interviews.
- Also, I by no means stated that electrical automobiles couldn’t tow boats or caravans or attain tenting spots, or that “Bill Shorten wants to end the weekend”.
- I don’t need to go on, but in addition, I by no means led a authorities that supported Clive Palmer’s High Court motion in opposition to Western Australia’s borders.
- I by no means stated the vaccine rollout “wasn’t a race”.
- And simply so we’re clear, I by no means launched a Liberal Party advert making an attempt to assert political factors through the catastrophic bushfires in 2019/2020.
- I can’t say I recall whether or not I put ahead a “$9 billion mass detention plan” for asylum seekers residing in Australia on bridging visas again when immigration minister in 2014. Who retains monitor of each single billion-dollar proposal?
- I by no means utterly arsed up our relationship with France by failing to allow them to know essential details about the actual fact we have been going to ditch the deal we had with them over submarines.
- I definitely didn’t sound out Greg Hunt about whether or not he’d be my deputy if I hypothetically changed Turnbull the day earlier than he was axed and the day after I’d responded to a query about my management ambitions by placing my arm round him and declaring, “This is my leader and I’m ambitious for him!”
I declare that the contents of this statutory declaration are true and proper and I make it figuring out that making a statutory declaration that I do know to be unfaithful is an offence.