Two our bodies recovered from Blue Mountains; Australia imposes new sanctions on Russia as overseas and defence ministers label Putin a ‘war criminal’; main Optus cellular community outage; ministers reply to criticism of PM; NSW information 12 Covid deaths and 19,183 new infections; Victoria information eight deaths and 12,007 new infections; Queensland eight deaths and 9,946 new infections; ACT one demise and 918 infections. Follow all of the day’s information
- Blue Mountains landslide: British father and son killed as two different members of the family in crucial situation
- Poll: Coalition money splash leaves voters chilly
- Liberal MP accuses Scott Morrison of ‘ruthless bullying’ and scheming on the expense of flood victims
- IPCC report: ‘now or never’ if world is to stave off local weather catastrophe
- Follow the Ukraine dwell weblog
- See all our coronavirus protection
- Get our free information app; get our morning e mail briefing
Another senior Liberal has taken intention at Scott Morrison, accusing him of “self-serving ruthless bullying” and claiming he has “ruined” the Liberal celebration.
Catherine Cusack, a NSW Liberal who introduced two weeks in the past she would resign from the Legislative Council over her anger about flood reduction, provides her voice to a rising refrain of critics of Morrison from inside his personal celebration in an opinion piece for Guardian Australia.
The issues over the prime minister’s character are actually properly established, they usually’re properly established not by the Labor celebration, however the individuals who know him greatest.
I imply his personal deputy prime minister referred to as him a liar and a hypocrite*. These folks know him greatest, they’ve served in cupboard with him, within the Liberal celebration with him over a interval of a few years …