BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (April 27, 2022) – Peter Simmons of the Texas A&M males’s swimming and diving workforce and Macie Kolb of the Aggie soccer squad have been nominated for the H. Boyd McWhorter Scholar-Athlete Post-Graduate Scholarship by Texas A&M University.
The H. Boyd McWhorter Scholar-Athlete Post-Graduate Scholarship has been offered by the Southeastern Conference since 1986 to the league’s high female and male scholar-athletes.
The Southeastern Conference will identify the 2022 recipients of the H. Boyd McWhorter Scholar-Athlete Post-Graduate Scholarship in early May.
Highlights of Texas A&M’s nominees embody:
PETER SIMMONS, Texas A&M, Swimming & Diving
Major: Mechanical Engineering
- Recipient of the Craig C. Brown Outstanding Engineering Award, 2021
- Earned TAMU Distinguished Student honors
- Multi-year member of the SEC Academic Honor Roll, AD Honor Roll and Dean’s Honor Roll
- SEC Men’s Swimming & Diving Community Service Team, 2021, 2022
- SAAC President, 2021-22
- Vice President of Selfless Service, 2020-21
- Clocked private collegiate greatest occasions within the 50 free, 50 again, 100 again and 100 fly in 2021
- Earned the workforce’s Aggie Heart Award and Trey Heye Memorial Award in 2021
MACIE KOLB, Texas A&M, Soccer
Major: Biomedical Sciences
- Texas A&M Athletics Bill Erwin Scholar Athlete of the Year Award, 2021, 2022 Owns a 4.0 GPA in Biomedical Sciences
- Earned spot on Dean’s List and AD Honor Roll each semester of her profession at A&M
- COSIDA Academic All-District 7 First Team, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Texas A&M Soccer Lafield Academic Excellence Award, 2019, 2020, 2021
- SEC Academic Honor Roll, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Started all 18 video games on the backline as a senior, logging two assists
- Played in 73 profession video games, registering 18 factors with 5 targets and eight assists as she helped the Aggies to an SEC regular-season title and NCAA Elite Eight end in 2020-21 and an NCAA Sweet 16 in 2018.
The SEC offers the league’s female and male McWhorter Scholar-Athlete of the Year Post-Graduate Scholarship recipients with a $20,000 post-graduate scholarship. The 26 remaining female and male finalists for the award will even obtain a $10,000 post-graduate scholarship.
The award recipients are chosen by a committee of Faculty Athletics Representatives from the 14 SEC establishments and are introduced in May, in addition to honored by the league membership at SEC Spring Meetings in Destin, Fla.
Last 12 months’s McWhorter Award recipients have been Florida ladies’s swimming workforce member Savanna Faulconer and Jon Bishop of the Texas A&M males’s monitor & subject and cross nation workforce.